2014 Annual Appeal
Dear Friend of the Art League of Long Island,
Thank you for all the ways you support the Art League of Long Island. Your contribution is used to support the arts, the artists, those less fortunate and the communities we serve.
Thanks to your support
the Art League celebrated many accomplishments this past year!
- Over 20,000 people attended exhibitions, receptions, lectures, tours, and classes.
- Over 6,000 visitors attended Art in the Park and the Holiday Fine Arts event.
- Over 1,000 artists from NYC to Montauk applied to enter an exhibition.
- Over 150 AP high school students exhibited in the “Go Ape” art exhibition.
- Over 130 LI teachers earned education credits at Professional Development Day.
- Over 100 adults and children with special needs attended art classes.
- 14 scholarships were granted for financial reasons or special needs.
- Over 300 children and teens attended the Summer Art Adventure program.
- At present, 45 Suffolk County libraries are partnering with the Art League.
- The Art League has created a Student Internship Program with the Northport and Half Hollow Hills school districts.
- Established partnerships with the Cinema Arts Centre, Heckscher Museum, Arts Alive LI and the Huntington Arts Council.
Thank you for supporting the year-end 2014 Annual Appeal.
Charlee Miller, Executive Director
P.S. Students can now register anytime to start a class that fits their schedule! More workshops will be coming soon and a newly designed summer art program is on the drawing board, while the Art League’s new art library is also underway.